29 January 2006

Jewels of Insomnia.

I just saw probably the best movie I have seen about relationships in a long, long time.

I was having some trouble sleeping and wound up surfing the movie channels. I happened upon this film ‘Before Sunset’ which is a continuation of… you guessed it… ‘Before Sunrise.’ Seeing as how I never saw ‘Before Sunrise,’ the movie didn’t make too much sense at first.

The story takes place 9 years after the first one, and the entire movie is dialogue. The pair re-unites by chance, and you follow them in their one conversation, from start to finish, as they make their way through Paris. The conversation is the movie, and it’s some of the best relationship stuff I’ve ever heard. I could relate to just about everything talked about; it was almost painful to a degree. Highly recommended for anyone who likes this stuff.

Go see it.

Now.

1 Comments:

At 30/1/06 16:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same situation last night, couldnt sleep and saw that movie on. Now if i had not read your blog i would have found something else but since you recomended it i watched it. Its hard to describe. There arnt words. You either get it or you don't ya know? I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for the tip. Jennifer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home