10 July 2006

Freefall...

I should be sleeping, but I can’t bring myself to.

Thoughts and memories of times long gone flood my mind. Recollections of events over the last two months irk me to no end. I should let it go… I need to let it go, but some power keeps me fixated on the details.

Always details.

Always something said, something felt. Always some lie I can’t get over.

And then it happens, the freefall. I have a track I’ve acquired recently under the same name, and it is hauntingly fitting. All that is left now is the freefall. There’s a certain peace with it, and maybe, metaphorically, this is how I release it all. Fall until there is no more room to fall.

In the end, perhaps the details won’t matter. Things will be what they are, people will be who, and what, they are. They won’t see life as I do, and nor will they care. They will fall too, in their own way.

So what happens next? I don’t know. I’ll tell you after I pop the ‘chute.

…If the damn thing opens.

1 Comments:

At 30/7/06 22:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said!!!!!

And to that...I, also, freefall into this black hole called life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home