07 February 2006

Tree Stuck in Cat – Firefighters Baffled.

So, I arrived at work yesterday, ready to face the day and feeling somewhat more chipper than usual. Maybe it was because of the large amount of alcohol I consumed during that end-of-the-year-totally-over-hyped-and-barbaric-sporting event known as the Super Bowl. Okay, maybe it wasn’t. Maybe I just imagined I consumed large amounts of alcohol and really didn’t. Come to think of it, that has to be the case; otherwise I would have stumbled into the bathroom, got sick, passed out on the centerfold of a dirty magazine, woke up the next morning with it stuck to my face – leaving an imprint, then I could have told everyone I got lucky that night.

Nope, that didn’t happen, so I think I can rule out the alcohol part of the equation. So why was I so chipper? Normally, I head to work with a neutral attitude. I don’t hate my job by any stretch of the imagination, its good work and I enjoy it. It’s mostly brainless and repetitive work that leaves a bit of time to do other things like write this post. Of course, it’s still work though, and so naturally there’s an underlying sense of dread that I actually HAVE to get up and leave the house if I want to eat, pay my car payments, etc, etc, you get the idea. I mean really, how quaint.

So, really, I shouldn’t have been that happy. I guess I slept well or something.

I need a vacation.

1 Comments:

At 26/3/06 16:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you were hoping I'd be on the other end of that phone at least once out of the one hundred times you picked it up...right? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home