11 July 2006

The Long Road Home.

Today was one of those days at work where it couldn’t be over fast enough; busy from the get-go and full of disillusioned folks who drum about in their day-to-day routine just like me. Everyone had a problem, everyone wanted a solution from me, and everyone wanted that solution on Friday of last week. So, when 5.00p rolled around, the phone turned off, I logged out of everything, and sat there for a few minutes reveling in the day’s massacre of my spirit.

The car ride home was phenomenal. The air was cool and the sky was a beautiful shade of gray, and I took it upon myself to pop the roof and crack the windows, despite the misty rain coming down. The music was perfect. It blended eloquently with the passing trees, the feel of the road, and the thoughts in my mind.

Sometimes it’s like that, you see. Everything comes together like a well-rehearsed symphony. In this case, the air, the road, the music, and the mood all fit together in a way that I can’t really describe. The music itself was repetitive, but the repetition was of something that was so sweet to hear, that for it to end would have been a crime in and of itself.

I took the long way home tonight.

3 Comments:

At 18/7/06 11:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy your style of writing albeit often meloncholy. You should persue a career in writing, perhaps journalism.

 
At 19/7/06 00:08, Blogger Nam said...

Hey, thanks. 'preciate the comment.

Truth is, I am far, far, far too busy doing nothing to even consider a career in writing. That career would have to fall out of the sky, land on my face, wiggle, slide into my lap, look up at me, and smile before I'd take that seriously. It's sad, I know it is.

That, My firend, is my life.

Do stop on by whenever you like, I will post random, melancholy writings as my mood suits me.

 
At 19/7/06 00:11, Blogger Nam said...

Don't mind my spelling either, it's late.

I always typo 'friend.'

Damn, that whole word verification thing is extremely annoying. cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home